You may have accepted Christ at City Light, somewhere else altogether, or maybe even years ago, but you've never been baptized. Regardless, if you've made the decision to follow Christ, and want to be baptized, we are here for you.
Baptism is an important step of obedience that shows others we have personally trusted Jesus for our salvation. When Christians are baptized, they are submerged under water to identify with the death and burial of Jesus and raised out of the water to identify with His resurrection.
ARE YOU READY TO BE BAPTIZED?
If you are interested in being baptized at City Light Church, please click the button below to fill out our information form. Take a few minutes and compose a brief snapshot of your story and share it with us.
Congratulations, in advance, on taking this step of faith!
WATER BAPTISM FAQS
- As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.” -Matthew 3:16-17
- Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” -Matthew 28:18-20
- You are a follower of Jesus Christ.
- Those who accepted his message were baptized. - Acts 2:41
- You are beginning a changed life in Christ.
- We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. - Romans 6:4
- You are part of a new family.
- So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. - Galatians 3:26-27
We understand that some churches practice “baptism of confirmation” for children. This ceremony is intended to be a commitment between the parents and God on the behalf of the child. The parents promise to raise their child in the faith until the child is old enough to make his or her own personal confession of Christ. This custom began about 300 years after the Bible was completed and is different from the biblical examples of new believers being baptized to publicly profess their faith in Jesus.
So at City Light, we provide opportunities for child dedication and believer’s baptism. To schedule a child dedication email us at email@example.com